Wednesday, April 4, 2007

sashay

My heart sashayed across the dance floor. I watched her move with the strange grace of slight drunkenness. The movements were deep and grandiose as her body swayed. It shifted weight to each beat. Left hip, right hip, left hip, right hip. Giddy steps with giddy friends. We would laugh about this tomorrow when no one would remember. I even started laughing now as I tried to move my stiff hips, only to stop when she turned away to face him.

Her shallow relationship of two months equated to a life long romance when he entered the room. My life long romance of her equated to a one-sided painful realization. I attempted to not exist again as I left the dance floor. Grabbing another glass, I toasted her happiness and drank.

1 comment:

Kristan said...

Aw! How tragic, but awesome. I love guys like that.