Thursday, April 12, 2007

rodoment

"Well, if you ask me, I think they're hideous. My dad bought me those over there in pink and silver, and they are much nicer," sneered Rachel. "Actually I'm going to wear them tonight, else I'd let you borrow them."

This is how things are Rachel believed. She had to make her authority known, that she was the best. Life was full of designer clothing and sleepovers with girls that wished they could be her. She hated it actually, okay maybe not hated, but it wasn't exactly what she wanted. It was all that she had after all. Maybe one of these times her parents would be there when she came home, open arms and smiling. A real smile. Life's luxuries must be better than a Marc Jacobs bag.

Rachel loved sleepovers though. She loved them because for once she saw, she experienced what a real family was like. She'd use her authority--or if she had to--promise designer bribes to get into her "friends" lives. Just so she could be in that happy place again.

No comments: