Monday, February 12, 2007

disingenuous

(i think i've hit my lull

sometimes i look at my writing and think, wow, this reminds me of really bad poetry. my excuses on my inability to write may be insincere.)

on normal days in evening hours
we lay face to eyes to face
sharing words in gentle tones
enjoying each other's taste

but tonight is different, tonight changed
when we lay back to unwavering back
as close as we can exist in touch
we see only silence lacks

waiting to turn and face the other
yet we're bound away invisibly
not a single word i'll speak
less he turns first to me

2 comments:

Kristan said...

you watch grey's, right? (cristina & burke.) (although i do love them...) i loved when addison was like, "you're pathetic.)

Angie said...

haha yeah, but i discovered it's definitely an universal theme