Wednesday, September 5, 2007

parietal

Speak when you're spoken to, and when you're not. You have to decide where the balance is and how much you flaunt your intellect. We pick and choose our partners like we pick and choose are classes where we picked and chose our professors. To impress. I twiddle my thumbs and run fingers through my hair, idly watching the older generation (only by a year or so) draw their circles pass me. To separate. This is wrong, I feel thin-sliced incorrectly. I am not a fool, just uncertain with my head in New York City clouds. Sorry, haven't returned yet. Ring tomorrow.

Why do I find this all so revolting?

I thought I would understand by now what so inherently interested me in this field, but why is something that grabs me in a field I decided to bypass. Irony is never easy. Irony is not for the weak. I almost forgot, I have a job to do.

I want to learn, I tell myself, so ignore pretensions and embarrassment. Ignore.

No comments: