Thursday, May 3, 2007

requisite

I wish I could explain to you what really matters, but then you would see how small my world is and that I need to grow. How certain occurrences affect me, how my emotions always get the better of me, but it's something that I will never understand. I am what I am.

We believe this isn't what we need right now. This is something we'll figure out.

I wish I could show you are necessary, one of those critical "cogs" that turns to make the whole machine work. Despite our carelessness and idle chatter as we sigh happily about our futures outside of here, or fret about nonexistent ones. You look at us with such expectations and high hope, trying to live vicariously through our youth. Because then you think when you understand us, we will understand you. You think you fail.

I hope you know you didn't. You never have.

1 comment:

Kristan said...

My emotions always get the better of me too. It's one of my least favorite things about myself (even though I'm glad that I'm a passionate, compassionate person).

You are what you are, and what you are is awesome.